Gladstone Regional Council names 21 recipients of Community Subsidy totalling $31,500 will benefit 21 community halls across the region.
Council’s Community Services portfolio spokesperson Councillor Maxine Brushe said donations of $1500 per group or hall per annum was part of Council’s 2015-16 Donations to Community Organisations.
The Community Hall Subsidy (formerly Public Hall Subsidy) assists with on-going maintenance of community halls within the Gladstone Region.
“Each year Council invites applications for community donations and determines payments to not-for-profit groups satisfying the subsidy criteria,” Cr Brushe said.
Successful 2015-16 Community Hall Subsidy recipients include:
• Benaraby Progress Association, Benaraby Hall
• Bororen Community Hall Committee, Bororen Hall
• Boyne/Tannum Arts Business & Community Association Inc, Tannum Sands Hall
• Builyan/Many Peaks Community Development Association, Builyan Hall
• Calliope Garden Club, Bunting Park
• Gladstone Central Committee on the Ageing, Senior Citizens Hall
• Gladstone Musical Society Hall
• Gladstone Thistle Pipe Band Hall
• Lowmead Progress Association, Lowmead Hall
• Nagoorin Progress Association, Nagoorin Hall
• QCWA Ambrose Hall
• QCWA Boyne Valley Hall
• QCWA Calliope Hall
• QCWA Gladstone Hall
• QCWA Miriam Vale/Bororen Hall
• QCWA Mount Larcom
• QCWA Raglan Hall
• QCWA Rosedale
• QCWA Tannum Sands
• Rosedale Memorial Hall Association, Rosedale Hall
• Ubobo Progress Association, Ubobo Hall