As an Agnes Water resident who travels the Asia Pacific Region developing and delivering digital and social media training programs for state government and private enterprise, Fabienne Wintle has tourism and digital marketing in her veins.
And recently her experience has been acknowledged with her election to the Board of Directors of GAPDL.
The experience Fabienne brings to the GAPDL board primarily focuses around strategic business development, digital technologies and destination management. Her industry colleagues describe her as someone at the forefront of business productivity and have nicknamed her the Web Wonder Woman!
Fabienne has helped hundreds of SMEs Australia-wide select and implement the right digital tools to grow their businesses, including increasing online sales, maximising their digital footprint and managing their online reputation.
‘This includes the ‘gaining free publicity using social media workshops’ and one-on-ones I delivered to GAPDL businesses in Agnes Water and Gladstone in June,’ Fabienne explained this week.
‘I also recently launched TourismTribe.com – a platform dedicated to helping small businesses ‘get’ online marketing and grow their digital footprint.’
Fabienne’s skills and experience to date include:
- Elected twice as a tourism industry representative on the Queensland Tourism Industry Council Board (2010-2014);
- Developed the fist ever Queensland wide digital productivity training program and secured funding to deliver state wide at 33 regional Queensland centres for the Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games (2014);
- Recipient of the Young Achiever of the Year – Queensland Tourism Award (2010);
- Recipient of the Young Outstanding Alumnus Award – Griffith University Business School (2011);
- Elected to judge the Queensland Tourism Awards (2011, 2012);
- Secured over $250,000 Federal grant AusIndustry grant to upskill over 700 QLD tourism businesses under the ‘Tourism Industry Online Marketing Education Project’ (2010-2011);
- Developing and driving integrated digital strategies to enable small Australian businesses to leverage digital technologies;
- Initial and ongoing development of the Award Winning Tourism ekit for the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW);
- Masters in Information and Communication Systems (University of Geneva, Switzerland);
- Masters in International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Griffith University).