Terrence Hawes was presented as a Semi Finalist in the prestigious Australia Pacific LNG Regional Service Award at the 2015 Regional Achievement and Community Awards on Friday night 30th October at the Sunshine Coast Function Centre.
Terrence was presented his award by The Hon Dr Anthony Lynham MP, Minister for State Development and Minister for Natural Resources and Mines in front of 170 guests from across the State. Rosanna Natoli from 7 Queensland hosted the Awards.
Terrence Hawes of Avondale is the School Chaplain at Rosedale State School. He established and runs the Breakfast Club and seeks sponsorship and donations to keep it running.
Terry also volunteers at the ‘Make A Difference Camps’, which are run for ‘at-risk’ young people. At the camps, he has trained students as Group Leaders who now return as volunteers. Through his community engagement, Terry has made a significant difference to hundreds of young people.
At the Award Ceremony the seven 2015 category winners were:
- Access Community Services Cultural Diversity Award – On the Same Wave of West Burleigh
- Australia Pacific LNG Regional Service Award – Margaret Shaw of Airlie Beach
- ATEC Rail Group (ARG) Innovation and Leadership Award – Jodie Currie of Chermside
- CRT Agricultural Community Achiever Award – Broken Nose Vanilla of Miriwinni
- Gladstone Printing Services Trade and Career Achievement Award – Travis Farinelli of Mourilyan
- Peabody Energy Environment and Landcare Award – Mackay Recreational Fishers Alliance
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award – Rotary Club of Pioneer Valley of Andergrove
Winners each received $2,500 from Commonwealth Bank and a trophy.